[Thinlinc-technical] Removal of serial port redirection

Walter Rothfuss waltrothfuss at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:31:23 CEST 2016

Hello, Pierre -

The last time I had anything hooked up to a serial port on any computer that was on the network was a Qume daisywheel printer sometime in the 1990's.  We only use networkable devices now, such as laser printers with ethernet ports, and one USB interface printer (Dymo Labelwriter) that is networked via an HP Jetdirect.

We do still have some serial port lab instrumentation, but that is connected directly into a laptop with the relevant software on the laptop and no need to have that instrumentation integrated into our network.

We do not have a need for serial port redirection.

Thanks for a terrific product.

Walt Rothfuss

REC Forensic