[Thinlinc-technical] TL-4.7 : configuring printers with tl-setup fails on CUPS

Rob De Langhe rob.de.langhe at twistfare.be
Tue Nov 29 10:21:05 CET 2016

  hi Pierre,

we configured CUPS to listen not on 'localhost' (127.0.0.1) but on its LAN
IP-addr (eg 1.2.3.4). We want to avoid that it 'listens' on all possible
IP's which are present on the host. We also want to disable CUPS to listen
on an IPv6. So we need to explicitly set an IP addr, and this cannot be
localhost because then other hosts cannot communicate to CUPS on this
master server.

Can the script be adjusted to cope with such (more secure, and IPv4 only)
configuration ?

brgds
Rob