[Thinlinc-technical] Installing 4.6.0 server on Debian 8 Jessie - Debian bug and workaround

Jens Maus j.maus at hzdr.de
Tue Jun 21 11:36:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

I also ran into the same issue yesterday, but with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I was, however, able to solve the problem by applying the same workaround the cenido documentation in mentioning for required adaptions after having installed 4.6.0. See „tl-setup on Debian 8 (jessie) here:

https://www.cendio.com/thinlinc/docs/platforms/ubuntu

best regards,
jens

> Am 21.06.2016 um 09:56 schrieb Andreas v. Heydwolff <listmail at sandpsych.at>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> thanks to Cendio for the 4.6 release! However, a bug in Debian may
> prevent its installation on a current stable system. In case someone
> would like to install it on a Debian Jessie server - I ran into
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=743903
>
> (lsb-core: /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd fails on any init script)
>
> which left me with a half installed, unusable server.
>
> The workaround that made the install reach its completion was to
> download lsb-core from Wheezy, extract it and temporarily replace
>
>  initdutils.py
>
> from Jessie with the Wheezy version. The rollback of the bad patch as
> described in the bug report (implemented in Jessie) is not enough, a
> diff showed more differences than the reverted ones.
>
> With the Wheezy version installation went smoothly through to the end.
> Will add a refresher bug report to the Debian bug tracker later today.
> Peter Åstrand had already reopened he bug in February (thanks!) without
> any subsequent response because back then the bug had already been
> described as closed for some time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andreas v. Heydwolff

Dr. Jens Maus
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR)
Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research
Department of Positron Emission Tomography
POB 51 01 19, 01314 Dresden, Germany
Ph: +49 351 260 2757 (@HZDR)
Ph: +49 351 458 5056 (@OncoRay)
http://www.hzdr.de/

Board of Directors:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey,
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter Joehnk,
VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden

*** Content is authentic only with digital signature  ***