[Thinlinc-technical] Cannot switch keyboard layout

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Jan 21 07:44:37 CET 2016

Hi Pierre,

On 20.01.2016 16:40, Pierre Ossman wrote:
[...]
> I'm afraid this is how VNC works (and therefore ThinLinc) at the
> moment. Other systems generally send physical key identifiers, but VNC
> sends the symbol instead. That means that in other systems the layout
> on the server (or in the virtualised guest) is what matters. But with
> VNC the layout of the client is what's relevant.
[...]

Just curious: What's the use of having a $TLPREFIX/libexec/tl-default-keyboard
which seems to only call setxkbmap(1) if it isn't possible to actually set the
layout from within a VNC session?

cheers,
	Torsten