[Thinlinc-technical] Multiple Connections Problem

Jan HELLINGS jan.hellings at triads.eu
Mon Oct 12 17:48:45 CEST 2015

Just small remark from a novice on this (very new) … Guess I ran into the same kind of problem.

During my installation on a fresh ubuntu server I ran into the same problem.
I have two nics configured on the server and if I recall well, I could connect to the server through ssh but the nic through which traffic was routed had an other IP than the one accepted by thinlinc. (on which it was listening)
I would suggest verifying if the network routing and names are the same towards the thinlinc server …
Found somewhere this hint on the ‘net …
Are you connecting using the ip-address or hostnames ?

from https://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/tag/apbs02.html <https://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/tag/apbs02.html>

B.2.1.3.  The SSH connection succeeded, but the ThinLinc server connection failed.Perhaps this server doesn't run a ThinLinc server?
This error is most often caused by the fact that the VSM server is not running on the server. Start the VSM server and try again.

A user entering the wrong hostname, for example the hostname of one of the VSM agents, would also get this error message. Check that the user has entered the correct hostname. In very rare cases, this could also be caused by incorrect DNS data.

Jan Hellings
TRIADS bvba
BE 0838 271 129
Kouterstraat, 13