[Thinlinc-technical] TL v4.5 : failure printing from Windows-client

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon Nov 2 11:05:55 CET 2015

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:04:58 +0100
Rob De Langhe <rob.de.langhe at twistfare.be> wrote:

> 2015-10-30T14:48:00: Printing job with title "[Thinlinc-technical]
> Thinlinc printing issue workaround" and type
> "application/octet-stream" (1 copies) on queue "thinlocal".

The type "application/octet-stream" means that this got sent as a raw
job. That means the data will be sent directly to the printer and
should already be in a format that the printer understands. This is
rarely the case unless you've done something special on your ThinLinc
server.

More likely is that you are running Ubuntu and you're getting issues
from their broken CUPS. We have a note about that problem in our
platform specific notes:

https://www.cendio.com/thinlinc/docs/platforms/ubuntu

We cannot do much about this so I suggest you also put pressure on
Ubuntu to fix this.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?