[Thinlinc-technical] restricted user desktop

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Tue Mar 10 09:49:02 CET 2015

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 23:44:27 -0700,
Lalit Dagre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. How I can configure kiosk in thinlinc setup?

It depends on what you mean by kiosk. ThinLinc has no way to create
sessions without a user. But you could create a set of dummy users and
assign one to each client. Then configure the clients to log in
automatically using command line arguments.

> 2. I have CentOS6 (gnome2), I want to make a user desktop in such a way
> that he can only use a firefox for internet. i.e user should get a
> restricted GUI only with firefox. Please tell me the best way through
> which I can fulfill my requirement.

If it's just the single application then I'd recommend configuring the
system with a single profile with the command 'tl-single-app firefox'.
That way the user will not be getting a full desktop.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?