[Thinlinc-technical] Is it possible to share (=invite) VNC session with other user?‏

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Tue Jun 2 11:12:14 CEST 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015 14:48:24 +0300
צביקה הרמתי <haramaty.zvika at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Suppose we have a very simple setup - single host, 2 users - Alice
> and Bob. The Linux authentication is done against an LDAP server.
> Alice has her own VNC session running, and Bob has another session.
>
> Now, Alice wants Bob to see something in her current running session
> - to share the VNC session between them.
> Is there a way she can invite Bob to login (with his own credentials)
> to her running session and share it?
>
> As far as I know - with TigerVNC this can be accomplished (only?)
> with the bad way of giving Bob the VNC password of Alice.
>
> However, with ThinLinc advanced authentication system, I assume there
> is a more secure way to achieve that, than giving away your
> password... Presumably, I just didn't find the right menu /
> configuration.

The only thing we have like this is the shadowing system. Bob won't get
Alice's password, but he'll get the ability to look and control any
session on the ThinLinc cluster.

The setting /vsmserver/allowed_shadowers controls who these privileged
users are.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?