[Thinlinc-technical] no printing from Windows-client

Rob De Langhe rob.de.langhe at twistfare.be
Fri Jul 24 09:54:29 CEST 2015

  Apparently it was not entirely clear to some people what my question was
about , so I add a few extra words to describe the context :

- running ThinLinc 4.4.0
- connecting from a Windows-7 PC, where a default printer is enabled and
functioning correctly, to a ThinLinc session on some agent
- starting a Firefox, opening a web page, printing that page to the default
queue "thinlocal"
- the print job is succesfully completed on the agent and transferred to my
agent program (on the Windoz-7 PC) as is confirmed by the lines in the file
%TMP%\tlclient.log (see below); a file
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\lpd14 on the PC is created with the print
job
- however no printing starts

This is true for all agents. So the problem lays not in the agent, but in
the client, as it seems.