[Thinlinc-technical] no printing from Windows-client

Rob De Langhe rob.de.langhe at twistfare.be
Sun Jul 19 13:16:59 CEST 2015

  hi,

I am trying to get printing to work with ThinLinc 4.4.0, via the so-called
'local print queue', i.e. printing to the "thinlocal" queue.

 From Firefox in the TL session, I print 1 page of some webpage.

Confirmation that the printing is succesfully transferred to the tunnel of
the SSH-daemon gets logged on the agent's CUPS logfile, and my
Windows-client writes in its logfile (%TMP%\tlclient.log) that the print
job is correctly received and stored :

2015-07-19T13:01:10: New thinlocal printer job, receiving to:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\lpd14
2015-07-19T13:01:10: Finished receiving printer job
2015-07-19T13:01:10: Printing job with title "My test page" and type
"application/octet-stream" (1 copies).

The file "lpd14" is there and about 53 kB size.

The only thing which is not happening, is the printing itself ...

Printer is switched on, printing from any other windows program works very
fine.

Any clues or hints where I can look for reasons or indications why the
printing is not working ?

many thanks in advance!

  Rob