[Thinlinc-technical] tlclient/vncviewer prevents screen locking on X11?

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Jan 20 10:33:17 CET 2015

On 19.01.2015 11:31, Peter Astrand wrote:
[...]
> I understand. Unfortunately, as far as I understand, this is a limitation in X11
> and impossible to solve in a normal application. For example, see
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grab_override .

Ok, I see.

But would it be a feasible workaround to add a parameter to ThinLinc's vncviewer
which turns keyboard grabbing off like the RealVNC guys have done? That could be
a quite useful feature for the X11 clients, I think. Or did I misunderstand
RealVNC knowledgebase article?

cheers,
	Torsten