[Thinlinc-technical] Thinlinc stops working after CUDA install

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Wed Feb 4 09:56:45 CET 2015

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 13:42:58 +0100,
Mate Lampert wrote:

> Dear Thinlinc Technical Support!
>
> Recently we tried to install the CUDA drivers for our server's video
> card, however after installing them, the thinlinc service stopped
> working. It is possible to log in, but the remote desktop stops at a
> blue screen and the desktop does not load at all. If I sit next to the
> server with an actual screen, there is no problem. The problem still
> remains after reinstalling and reconfiguring Thinlinc.
>   Have you ever experience anything like this? Could you find a solution
> for the problem?

Many modern desktops use OpenGL to render graphics. Unfortunately
proprietary drivers often screw up the system OpenGL library in ways
that makes it no longer work with ThinLinc.

Which desktop environment are you trying to run? Does it work if you
switch to a simpler one like Xfce?

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com