[Thinlinc-technical] No password configured for VNC Auth

Mattias Eliasson mattias.eliasson at guru.se
Thu Feb 19 18:01:31 CET 2015

Hi.

I just migrated my old server to new hardware with a clean install of Fedora 21. After configuring Thinlinc everything worked perfectly, but when returning after two days of absence I got "No password configured for VNC Auth" when trying to log in to thinlinc. Uninstalled, deleted /opt/thinlinc reinstalled and still this message.

I Googled this and found some info about Xorg.conf but as far as I can tell there is no such file in Thinlinc. Also other info suggests that I need to create some password for VNC but that would really make no sense as thinlinc takes care of security.

//Mattias