[Thinlinc-technical] Support for Ubuntu 14.10 in upcoming ThinLinc 4.3.0?

Kevin Kwan (Work) kkwan at worldfinancialdesk.com
Wed Oct 29 14:47:33 CET 2014

Or you can just run Debian testing.  Then you have a choice to chase the
bleeding edge (python 3.3, 2.7, gcc versions from 4.4 to 4.9, either a
homegrown kernel or their 3.1/3.2/3.8/3.9/3.12/3.16 flavors, systemd or
sysvinit) or keep things sane and static.

I actually set the repos at the desktops to bind to specific dates via
snapshots.debian.org depending on which type of users I am dealing with
(traders need stability so they are pinned to a date 8 months back, and I
drop more pins), devs need leeway (they get a later repo date, less pins but
rollback ability just in case), execs need OSX) and drop package pin-downs
to keep overzealous users from dist-upgrading their machines beyond my
capacity to support it in a sane fashion.  Of course, I also run a large
pool of VMs and host the homedir on NFS off shared storage to support a
relatively small group of people, so if they nuke a VM I can always tell
them to log into another one and start from scratch.

Kevin Kwan
Senior Systems Administrator
World Financial Desk, LLC
Tel 212 937 4025 • Fax 212 202 9600  • Mobile 646 964 7828 / 347 714 0983

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary
and privileged information.  Unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.
If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete
from your system