[Thinlinc-technical] Smart Card Windows Terminal SErver

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon Nov 10 11:25:50 CET 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 16:38:56 +0100 (CET),
Manuel Oetiker wrote:

> hi
>
> I have the following scenario:
>
> ThinLinc Client with smartcard reader connects via a linux thinlinc Server to a windows terminal server
> session for running a SAP client. my customer likes to authenticate the SAP client with the smartcard.
>
> is that possible to pass the smartcard reader through to the windows server session?

It is, and that is also how things are configured by default. What
errors are you seeing? Have you tested with some more basic smart card
applications to see if Windows is even seeing the smart card or the
reader?

Also not that we hade some compatibility issues with Window 2012 that
were resolved in 4.3.0.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com