[Thinlinc-technical] Uninstalling/Fresh Installation of ThinLinc Server on Ubuntu 12.04

Avijit Ashe avijitashe at iiitb.ac.in
Sat Nov 29 10:44:20 CET 2014

Hello Thinlincers,

I recently updated (usual regular updates and some uninstallations  to free up unused stuff) from my Desktop running  Ubuntu 12.04 but after that the Thinlinc Server 4.2.0 isn't responding quite well.  It was then that I decided to make a fresh installation but then how do I remove the earlier one ? after all. I tried googling and browsed through the documentations but didn't get anything on the topic "Uninstalling ThinLinc Server". When I'd upgraded from 4.1.1 to the current version I just installed it over again but now I'm concerned about what to do if I want to remove it altogether/completely?

Therefore I need to understand first how do I uninstall this package, having known that installation is pretty easy. To know how to uninstall something is equally important as knowing how to install it. Kindly please help me out with this query. Thanks.

regards,

Avijit Kumar Ashe

JRF, GVCL, IIIT-B, INDIA