[Thinlinc-technical] automatically unlocking screen saver on session connect?

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed Nov 19 08:23:08 CET 2014

Hi,

when connecting to an existing idle ThinLinc session (Linux desktop), the user
usually has to enter his password a second time in order to unlock the session's
automatically started screen saver. Since this gets a little bit annoying after
some time, I was wondering if there is a way to automatically unlock the screen
saver when a session is connected successfully. Something equivalent to the
SunRay's utaction(1) command might be useful implementing what I want but there
doesn't seem to such a thing...

Am I missing something? How do other site admins deal with this situation?

cheers,
	Torsten