[Thinlinc-technical] IGEL IZ1 with 4.3 beta?

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Nov 7 11:24:36 CET 2014

Hi Peter,

On 10/27/2014 04:20 PM, Peter Astrand wrote:
[...]
> As I understand it, "RFX" basically means that it comes with a RDP client and
> "HDX" means that the Citrix client is installed. But you can still install
> additional software via a "custom partition" - this is how to install our
> ThinLinc Client. This allows you to connect to a ThinLinc server with any kind
> of session profile, including Linux desktops.
>
> In general, the ARM based terminals (including the IGEL IZ1) are interesting
> alternatives, but before you buy any large volume of them, make sure to compare
> the performance with other models. For example, the IGEL IZ2 is about the same
> price as IZ1, but might give you a better performance.

The IGEL IZ2 test system I ordered has just arrived, but it seems to lack the
"custom partition" feature making the terminal useless for us since I cannot
install the ThinLinc client. :-(

Before I contact IGEL support: May I ask what OS version you are running on the
IZ series terminal(s) in your lab? Can it be that it's actually an UD variant or
that you have upgraded the feature set somehow to enable the "custom partition"
feature?

cheers,
	Torsten