[Thinlinc-technical] SSH tunnel and Windows client

Jose Francisco Medeiros jose.medeiros at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:50:39 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. I am unfamiliar with your company, but that is
unfortunate, I was a former VA Linux contractor and implemented their first
Citrix Metaframe 1.0 server in 1999 for the accounting, HR, Sales and
finance department.

I am not a developer, but I think that Krups had an embedded Linux kernel.
This may sound like a stupid question, but couldn't that be modified to
also run your client?  My preference instead of starting the X server /
Gnome / KDE desktop,  I would prefer to have it set at run level 3 and
script starting a client such as RDP / ICA / or the VNC over SSH client and
be given an option.
http://www.kokkonen.net/tjko/javastation/

http://dubinski-family.org/~jshowto/

http://www.blacksheepnetworks.com/security/resources/linux_javastation.html

Seems like there are SunRay customers that if you could provide a client
for could keep the Sunray stations and still use your backend hypervisor to
run Linux VDI?
http://insights.oetiker.ch/linux/sunray2thinlinc/

What thin client devices do you support? Wyse? Network Computing Devices?
10Zig.com?

Sincerely, Jose F. Medeiros
408-256-0649
http://www.facebook.com/josemedeiros007