[Thinlinc-technical] control current desktop

John P Arends jarends at northwestern.edu
Thu Feb 20 21:41:34 CET 2014

This is sort of an edge case outside of what most people do, but I was curious. I have a RHEL workstation under my desk that I sometimes use, although I most often interact with it using ThinLinc from my MacBook.

Is there any way to use ThinLinc to take control over the current desktop session? it’d be nice to be able to sit at the machine and work, and resume that work from a remote location. At the moment if I start something in a ThinLinc session and leave it running, if I visit the actual RHEL machine, I have no way of getting to it other than through ThinLinc.

This probably is an edge case since most people are running it in the data center and accessing it remotely.