[Thinlinc-technical] Allowing Concurrent Clients Login

Avijit Ashe avijitashe at iiitb.ac.in
Mon Feb 3 05:26:44 CET 2014

Hi,
Warm greetings to all thinlincers. Please help me if you can with my following problems.

Issues 1:
I was unable to login using more than one clients simultaneously to my thinlinc server. When one connects, automatically the other gets disconnected, which means that my terminal server is unable to run concurrent sessions. The documentation says it's free version can run up-to 10 clients but I am unable to test this facility. So, where am I going wrong with my approach? Kindly help me, here.

Issue 2:
How to configure the server to automatically assign username and password to clients for logging into the thinlinc terminal server, just like it happens for the demo servers(we create an account and get a username and password to login, which provides unique sessions to all).

Query 1:
Is it possible to use thinlinc like an windowing application which enables us to minimise and maximise the window when needed and be able to work on the local machine as well by just switching between them (something like rdesktop)?

Query 2:
Can we access the files and folders on the local machine while we are connected to a thinlinc terminal or application server through an active session? Suppose we (at client) want to import some file (on the client's machine) to the thinlinc server and run an application on the server that uses this file for input. How can we do it being on the client?

Thank you for your time.

regards,
Avijit Ashe
JRF (IIIT Bangalore, India)