[Thinlinc-technical] passwdaliases syntax

Peter Astrand astrand at cendio.se
Sun Dec 14 20:40:06 CET 2014

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, ventomatteo at tiscali.it wrote:

> I bought some smart card and it works (thanks Peter for the script).
>
> I have problem with passwdaliases. What is the correct syntax?

For /etc/passwdaliases, the syntax is:

<distinguished-name>:<uid>

The distinguished-name can be long and complex. I believe we even have an
example in the distributed /etc/passwdaliases for one of my cards:

serialNumber=19770301XXXX,givenName=Peter Alf G\c3\b6ran,sn=\c3\85strand,cn=Peter \c3\85strand,c=SE:500

In practice, if you are setting up things manually, you can try to login
and then just grab the distinguished-name from the system log file.

Br,
---
Peter Astrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com