[Thinlinc-technical] Low Cost Android Thin Client.

Stefan W. Lambert OldMan64 at online.de
Fri Aug 29 19:03:56 CEST 2014

Hello,

we're using some Cubietrucks (http://cubieboard.org) with a selfmade
Lubuntu mircroSD-Card Image and the Thinlinc ARMv7 Client Package as
TS-ThinClient.

The Cubietruck is a dual Core Single Board Computer with the following
specifications.
- Allwinner Tech SOC A20 ARM® Cortex™-A7 Dual-Core ARM® Mali400 MP2
Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
- 2GB DDR3 at 480MHz
- HDMI&VGA 1080P display output on-board
- 10M/100M/1G Ethernet
- WIFI + BT wireless connection with antenna on-board
- SATA 2.0 interface support 2.5’ HDD (for 3.5’ HDD, only need another
12V power input)
- Storage solution NAND + MicroSD
- 2 x USB HOST, 1 x OTG, 1 x SPDIF, 1 x IR, 4 x LEDs, 1 x Headphone, 3 x
Keys
- Power DC5V at 2.5A with HDD support Li-battery & RTC
- 54 extended pins including I2S, I2C, SPI, CVBS, LRADC x2,UART, PS2,
PWM x2, TS/CSI, IRDA, LINEIN&FMIN&MICIN, TVIN x4 with 2.0 pitch connectors
- PCB size 11cm *8cm*1.4mm

The Board with a 8GB microSD Card (for the Lubuntu OS), a 12V/2.5A Power
Adapter and the Jewel Case costs only 115,- € inkl. VAT.

For our requirements (Production environment ( Xubuntu 14.04 LTS based
selfmade Linuxdistro, called akiraLINUX) with less Video and Audio) the
cubietruck works very well as thinclient.

Best Regards
Stefan

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english.