[Thinlinc-technical] Ang: different ethernet interfaces

Karl Mikaelsson derfian at cendio.se
Fri Apr 4 14:08:58 CEST 2014

Hi Johan,

/vsmagent/agent_hostname is the name vsmserver tells the client to
connect to, so this should be a name or IP that all your clients can
reach your agent on, no matter from where they connect.

If you want to limit vsmserver/vsmagent to listen to a single
hostname/IP address instead of any, you can configure the
/vsmserver/listen_hostname and /vsmagent/listen_hostname configuration
parameters. I'm afraid they are undocumented, so if things break you get
to keep all the pieces. :-)

Disallowing access to ThinLinc ports from other network interfaces could
also be implemented using a local firewall.

Regards,
Karl