[Thinlinc-technical] What is the correct way to retire or reboot a terminal server?

Erik Vasaasen erik.vasaasen at nr.no
Fri Sep 27 14:45:35 CEST 2013

On 09/27/2013 10:43 AM, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:30:17 +0200
> Erik Vasaasen <erik.vasaasen at nr.no> wrote:
>
>> The main question I've got is how we're supposed to take down one of the
>> terminal servers (the agents) in the cluster if we need to do
>> maintenance, or simply want to do a reboot to activate a new kernel or
>> similar. Is there a way to tell the master "don't use this agent for new
>> connections, but allow existing users to connect to the agent"?
>>
> If you remove the agent from the list in /vsmserver/terminalservers (in
> vsmserver.hconf) then the master will not try to start any new sessions
> on it. Remaining sessions will still be usable though as long as they
> remain in the session database.

We've just tested this, and after a "service vsmserver restart" on the
master it works as you described. (Before the restart of the service the
terminal server was removed from the web interface, but I managed to
start a new session against the removed terminal server.)

This means there are no more items on my list, so we'll start switching
from NX to Thinlinc after contacting Cendio sales early next week.

Erik