[Thinlinc-technical] Multi factor auth

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Sep 5 13:59:20 CEST 2013

Most if not all smart card readers should work, assuming that the client
OS has drivers for them. If you are running Linux on the client, you
probably want to check out:

http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/supported.html

For example, I like the OMNIKEY AG CardMan 3021
(http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/shouldwork.html#0x076B0x3021).

If you are going for a keyboard with built in smart card reader, we
suggest that you choose one where the card is inserted from the top (ie
http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/supported.html#0x046A0x0010) rather
than one where the card is inserted from the side (which is the case
with some HP keyboards).

Rgds,
Peter