[Thinlinc-technical] Kerberos ticket refresh/netapp remount issues

Darrel Hankerson hankedr at auburn.edu
Wed Oct 30 13:25:12 CET 2013

"Kevin Kwan (Work)" writes:

   [kerberos on Debian] I also do not see session reconnects refresh the
   initial TGT (extend the expiration time).

I don't think this is thinlinc-specific unless you mean that thinlinc
should auto renew/refresh.  I've seen several sites that teach users to
do their own renew/refresh, although this assumes some sophistication on
the user side.

There are tools that can help.  Winbind (when calling MS-Windows KDC)
can be configured to automate.  This needs extra help if users expect
jobs to run after logout.  We are not using kstart, but it is part of
Debian and is designed to help automate.

We run a daemon that does renew/refresh for users.  If you require only
renew, then things are easy.

--
Darrel Hankerson