[Thinlinc-technical] unefficient thinlocal printing

pclerc at ablys.com pclerc at ablys.com
Fri Oct 4 12:54:32 CEST 2013

We are presently testing the Thinlinc 4.10 version. It solve same prior
printing issues, but, infortunatly, offer very poor performances with
printer.
As result, it is pratically unusable with standard ADSL link (we print 100
to 500 pages PDF documents)

Our 150 pages test document take 3 hours for printing....
As workaround, whe copy the document to thindrive, and print locally. But
it is unsuitable for normal user.

For example:

a 310k PDF document (152 pages) is send, via thinlocal printer, to a
PostScript PDF Printer

the local printer receive 3.48 G of data, but the Postscript driver
convert this flow to only 216 M for printing

The same 3120k PDF Document, when locally printed to PDF Creator, is
converted to a 311 M PDF for printing

What is wrong in our config ?
Server: Debian 6 32 bits - Gnome  (VmWare virtual machine)
Thinlocal: 150dpi
local client: Windows XP SP3
local printer: Brother DCP 6055 CDN, Postscript 3

Thank you for help ,

Pierre CLERC

Ablys
24 rue Moreau