[Thinlinc-technical] html5 again

Arie Kruiniger akruiniger at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 23:49:36 CET 2013

Thanks, sorry didn't realise it was the OS logon not TL logon, should
have really.

Okay, so I have reached a point where the HTML5 client works on
Iceweasel. So it's clearly up and running on the network.

At this point I should probably 'fess up that I am trying to access
the HTML5 client via my Raspberry Pi. I am using a program called
Minimal Kiosk Browser. To my limited understanding, this works by
opening HTML5 tags with omxplayer, and this has worked for video
websites.

I realise I have no right to expect that this will actually work with
ThinLinc, especially as HTML5 client is not yet a supported feature.
But hey, this could be fun, so lets have a crack at it :)

As it stands, when I log on the pi gives me a webpage with the
thinlinc symbol, and two icons which say 'clipboard' and 'disconnect'.
Neither of the icons are responsive. Minimal Kiosk Browser has a
'play' button which ordinarily launches the html5 elements of the page
via omxplayer, but when I launch it, nothing happens.

I suppose you all hit a dead end with the TL client program for Raspberry Pi?