[Thinlinc-technical] HTML5 server setup

Henrik Andersson henrik.andersson at cendio.com
Fri Nov 1 08:42:21 CET 2013

Hi Arie,

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:31:51 +0000
Arie Kruiniger <akruiniger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm intending to try out the html5 server of thinlinc, looks groovy.
>
> I installed the thinlinc server package on Linux.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention, because on the last
> page it said 'you need to install this and that for the html5 browser
> connections to work'. I skipped past it before I took in what it was
> saying.
>
> Can anyone tell me what additional software I have to install for this
> server to accept html5 connections?

The HTML5 client do not requires install of any additional packages. You
need to enable the service tlwebaccess and ensure that you can access
your thinlinc server on port 300.

If you are going to test HTML5 client on an iPad, you need to generate
a new thinlinc webaccess cerificate with a FQDN that matches the host.

To access the HTML5 client you should browse to the server using https
on port 300; https://server.example.com:300

The above is described in more detail in our TAG at the following url.

https://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/tag/clientplatforms_browser_clients.html#clientplatforms_html5

Kind Regards,

Henrik Andersson (Cendio AB)