[Thinlinc-technical] XKB based keyboard switching not working...

Jens Langner J.Langner at hzdr.de
Thu May 30 11:22:40 CEST 2013

Hi Tobias,

nice to see you here as well on the list ;)

Am 30.05.2013 um 11:04 schrieb Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>:

>> Have anyone else discovered the same problem and might have a
>> solution for us? Currently we have the XKB extension switched off
>> and force the users to select the correct keyboard layout on the
>> client side before they connect to the ThinLinc server. However,
>> this is really only a short-term solution for us as our users
>> really have to be able to switch keyboard layouts while they are
>> connected using shortcuts or GUI tools or by setxkbmap.
>
> we are using xkb with sun-international keyborads, there it works
> fine, but we recently tried with swiss-german keyboards and failed
> completely ...
>
> I think the next version of thinlinc is going to support xkb
> properly ...

Oh, that's good to hear. Is there actually a preview or nightly build version we could try? I would be highly interested in trying that version out and give some feedback to cendio as we have quite a variety of international users here with different kind of keyboards attached.

best regards,
jens
--
Dr. Jens Langner
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter Joehnk
VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden