[Thinlinc-technical] Sunray Replacement

Peter Astrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Jun 26 16:10:50 CEST 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Ken Mandelberg wrote:

> I assume there is no way to run Thinlinc on Sunray hardware, of which we have
> many. What would be the most cost effective "appliance" replacement for the
> Sunrays?

It's correct that you cannot directly use Sun Ray "DTU" terminals with
ThinLinc. The protocol is not compatible, and it's not possible to install
a ThinLinc (or any other) client on them.

In addition to the HP t610 mentioned by Tobias Oetiker, I'd say that the
IGEL terminals are quite nice. They lacked high performance models
earlier, but it seems they have filled this gap now, with devices such as
the UD5 Dual-Core.

Regards,
---
Peter Astrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer