[Thinlinc-technical] Sharing a single Instance of Linux?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon Jun 10 11:21:13 CEST 2013

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:35:10 -0400
Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> We are Sunray users. Sunray allows us to run the Sunray server software
>   on a multiuser Linux server, and give each Sunray a desktop session on
> that single instance. No VMS's required.
>
> Is this possible with Thinklinc?

Yes, this is precisely how ThinLinc works. We do have some
virtualisation support in ThinLinc, but that's a side feature and
requires a separate VMware server. The primary use case is a classical
terminal server where multiple users share the same system.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com