[Thinlinc-technical] Server IP address changes

Rob Evans rob.evans at originvs.com
Sat Jul 20 03:13:04 CEST 2013

Hi Leigh,

Not sure if this is exactly relevant but i had an issue recently with an ubuntu/zentyal config not allowing traffic for ptpp vpn user past the local network range.

I found it was a dns/proxy issue, fixed it buy editing a dns stub zone to allow local subnets access.

Prob need  a bit more info from you.

Let me dig out the script in the morning and i will fire over to you.

Will send you my skype address if you wanna try and work through this.

Cheers

Rob

Sent from Samsung tabletLeigh Porter <leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com> wrote:Hiya All,

I have a thinlinc server on three subnets, one local for local thinlinc clients, one subnet for remote VPN access and another that connects to an MPLS VPN across various other networks.

When clients on the local LAN connect all works fine. But when clients connect over the remote VPN subnet or the MPLS VPN, the IP address I connect to on the client is correct but then is seems to change to trying to connect to the LAN subnet instead.

Why does it not just connect to the IP address I specify in the client?

This behaviour seems odd and is really annoying. If I tell it what address to connect to, it really should just connect to that and not some other IP address on the same host.

--
Leigh Porter