[Thinlinc-technical] nfs: server localhost not responding, timed out

Jens Langner j.langner at hzdr.de
Sun Jul 28 09:35:28 CEST 2013

Hello ThinLincer,

since we use ThinLinc on our servers we often see the following messages popping up in our 'dmesg' output:

-- cut here --
[642068.828358] nfs: server localhost not responding, timed out
[642082.854104] nfs: server localhost not responding, timed out
[642096.879898] nfs: server localhost not responding, timed out
[642110.905766] nfs: server localhost not responding, timed out
-- cut here --

Is there any explanation for it why such a warning/error related to NFS is often shown now? And is there a way we can prevent these situations to happen when using thinlinc?

best regards,
jens
--
Dr. Jens Langner
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter Joehnk
VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden