[Thinlinc-technical] multi-headed Linux client

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon Feb 11 11:23:31 CET 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:09:19 +0000
David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:

> The client shows this as a single window on the LVDS1 display that is
> 2966x1200 pixels big. The display of this large window scrolls around as
> I move the mouse to the edge of LVDS1. It doesn't use the HDMI1 display
> at all.
>
> As previously, I'm using the i3 window manager, which may simply be
> ignoring some hint that is supplied by the thinlinc client to mean
> "spread this window across all displays".

I'd say so, yes. The multi-head portion of the window manager protocol
is one of the later additions, so some window managers might not
support it. I suggest you try a different one and see if that behaves
better.

> I'm surprised that the xrandr output from the server doesn't indicate
> that any of the settings for VNC-0 and VNC-1 are 'current' (shown by a *
> after the mode).

That happens when the current mode isn't among the pre-defined ones.
That's why it outputs all that noise in the end.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com