[Thinlinc-technical] Problem when root is unable to access home directory

Karl Mikaelsson derfian at cendio.se
Fri Aug 9 10:00:17 CEST 2013

Peter Wirdemo <peter.wirdemo at gmail.com> writes:
> Hello!
>
> Trying thinlinc-4.1.0 on ubuntu (13.04-x86_64).
>
> On some of my machines root does not hae priviliges on the NFS share where
> my home directory is on.
> Unable to start thinlinc, error message: vsmagent: Home directory /home/peter

Yep, this is correct. If you have home directories on NFS you need to
either create the directories by yourself, or allow root to write to the
NFS mounts.

You can control whether vsmagent should try to create home directories
by the configuration parameter /vsmagent/make_homedir, which you can
modify by tl-config or edit in the
/opt/thinlinc/etc/conf.d/vsmagent.hconf file(s).

Regards,
Karl
Karl Mikaelsson         derfian at cendio.se
System Developer        +46 (0)13-290863
Cendio AB               http://facebook.com/ThinLinc
http://www.cendio.com/  http://twitter.com/ThinLinc