[Thinlinc-technical] Muti-headed Linux terminal

Karl Mikaelsson derfian at cendio.se
Mon Aug 5 16:42:43 CEST 2013

Jens Langner <j.langner at hzdr.de> writes:
> There, the same behavior had already been reported and it was
> suggested to switch to a different window manager. This is, however,
> no alternative for us. In this posting Pierre Ossman wrote that there
> seems to be a multi-head extension to the window manager protocol
> which openbox and other window managers don't support yet.

Hi Jens,

I believe Pierre was talking about the _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS
extension, and you can verify whether openbox has it or not by running:

  xprop -root | grep _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS

There should be a line starting with "_NET_SUPPORTED(ATOM) = ..." with a
lot of extensions, including _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS if your window
manager supports it. I'll leave your other questions for someone with a
bit more knowledge in this area. :/

Regards,
Karl
Karl Mikaelsson         derfian at cendio.se
System Developer        +46 (0)13-290863
Cendio AB               http://facebook.com/ThinLinc
http://www.cendio.com/  http://twitter.com/ThinLinc