[Thinlinc-technical] Python errors on ubuntu 12.10

Wim Van Dijck wim at sinoid.be
Thu Aug 22 14:50:50 CEST 2013

Hi all,

we are evaluating Thinlinc (with Igel thinclients) as a solution to replace a SunRay infrastructure, and I have installed the latest version on a Ubuntu 12.10 server.

So far everything seems to be going fine, but on certain commands I get python errors which make me suspect there's something wrong with the installation.

For example:

# hivetool -Ra /
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/hivetool", line 186, in <module>
    main()
  File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/hivetool", line 172, in main
    folder = hive.lookup(foldername)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lookup'

but tlconfig -Ra / does work however…

and

# /opt/thinlinc/bin/tl-session-param /client_ip
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/tl-session-param", line 149, in <module>
    I111IiIi ( )
  File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/tl-session-param", line 105, in I111IiIi
    IiIiIi = get_public_sessioninfo ( IiII1IiiIiI1 )
  File "/opt/thinlinc/modules/thinlinc/ctccommon.py", line 127, in get_public_sessioninfo
    display = int ( display . split ( "." ) [ 0 ] [ 1 : ] )
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'ocalhost:10'

python is not my strong point. Am I missing a package, or is this a configuration issue, or something else?

Kindest regards,
Wim Van Dijck