[Thinlinc-technical] How does ThinLinc Server find the local address on CentOS 6?

Shaun Haney shaney at basis.com
Wed Aug 14 01:29:45 CEST 2013

Hello:

I have just installed ThinLinc Server on an AWS instance and am unable to
reach the administrator interface because I am being re-directed to a
private network address.

My original machine's address is
ec2-204-xxx-xxx-xxx.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com, which is a public DNS
name that the instance is not actually aware of in its configuration.

When I try to go to ec2-204-xxx-xxx-xxx.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:1010,
I get re-directed to https://10.170.xx.xxx:1010/, which I can't access
because I am not on Amazon's network.  What I would like to do is configure
my CentOS 6 machine or ThinLinc server to keep the first address and not
redirect to the local address.  How is ThinLinc Server obtaining the local
IP from my machine?  Is there a recommended solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Shaun Haney