[Thinlinc-technical] SSH-key password issue

Michael Gams thinlinc at sevor.de
Thu Aug 1 10:10:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm evaluating thinlinc 4.1.0. I have to use SSH-key based authentication,
but I face to following issue:

I copied the private key file (id_dsa, openssh) to the windows machine.
But the client software on Windows 7 asks for a password of the private
key (none set). If I just press <enter> the client claims that the
password is wrong.

Even if I use an ssh key with password set, the client refuses the
password (double checked by colleague).

Login using standard password login works perfectly, but the Linux admin
will not allow this anymore...

So how do I use the SSH key based auth correctly?

Best regards,
Michael