[Thinlinc-technical] Announcing Nightly Build Clients

Aaron Sowry aaron at cendio.se
Thu Sep 13 13:22:28 CEST 2012

Hello,

>  I found one small glitch though: if you press "F8", you switch to a
> different desktop, then, on the floating "F8" menu you select "Dismiss
> menu" you get a black screen and you're lost.

This seems to be an "undocumented feature" of OS X ;)

Theoretically, you shouldn't be able to switch spaces with a window in
fullscreen. Bringing up the F8 menu in the ThinLinc manages to fool the
OS into letting you do this, and you get the behaviour you describe.

You can actually get yourself out of the black screen by:

1) Pressing F8 again to bring up the menu
2) Switching back to the original space with the ThinLinc client
3) Clicking "Dismiss menu"

Hope that helps.

Regards,
--