[Thinlinc-technical] etc location

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Sep 27 10:10:56 CEST 2012

There is one thing about thinlinc deployment I wanted to talk about
for some time ...

you keep your configuration in

 /opt/thinlinc/etc

which is rather odd at least in linux/solaris land, we therefore moved it to

 /etc/opt/thinlinc

putting a compatibility link into the original location ...

the reason for doing this is that we are running our thinlinc
servers diskless sharing much of the setup between them.

it would be great if thinlinc would adher to the linux filesystem
standard out of the box ...

cheers
tobi