[Thinlinc-technical] Announcing Nightly Build Clients

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Sep 3 11:14:28 CEST 2012

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

>> We are now publishing the latest development build of the clients on
>> our web server, dubbed Nightly Build Clients. This allows you all to
>> test fixes and new features as soon as they are implemented, instead
>> if having to wait for a beta version or new stable release. However,
>> please note that these builds are for testing purposes only.
>
> is there also some info on what features these builds should have ?
>
> or is the purpose only to server as a test to verify that any bug
> we notice is not yet fixed in the latest client ?

The information about new features is admittedly absent, thanks for
pointing this out. We'll see how we can handle this in the future. The
preliminary client roadmap for the next release is basically like this:

* 64-bit Linux client (done)

* Improved fullscreen and multi-monitor support (mostly done)

* Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.8 (done)

* Improved performance on AMD Bobcat CPUs (done)

* Resize remote session to the local window (done)

* Support for Wyse SLES (remains)

* Edge/bump scrolling in client viewer (remains)

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com