[Thinlinc-technical] Announcing Nightly Build Clients

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Oct 8 11:19:40 CEST 2012

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012, Peter Åstrand wrote:

> this out. We'll see how we can handle this in the future. The preliminary
> client roadmap for the next release is basically like this:
>
> * 64-bit Linux client (done)
> * Improved fullscreen and multi-monitor support (mostly done)
> * Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.8 (done)
> * Improved performance on AMD Bobcat CPUs (done)
> * Resize remote session to the local window (done)
> * Support for Wyse SLES (remains)
> * Edge/bump scrolling in client viewer (remains)

We have a surprise for you: In addition to the features above, we have
improved the sound redirection: "PulseAudio" has been upgraded from
version 0.9.6 to 2.1. This should mean better compatibility with modern
applications and desktop environments. The PulseAudio server in the
ThinLinc client can now also communicate with an existing PulseAudio
instance already running on the client system.

This new PulseAudio version is included in the Nightly Build, available
from the web page. We are happy for any feedback.

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com