[Thinlinc-technical] Question about dynamically resizing sessions

David Morlitz david at morlitz.com
Thu Nov 18 00:20:09 CET 2010

I am currently looking at using ThinLinc to remotely access servers in
my environment.  The ThinLinc server is currently running on Ubuntu
10.10, and the clients are also Ubuntu 10.10.

I am trying to publish single applications, and have the application
resize when the ThinLinc client resizes.  It appears from the
documentation that ThinLinc supports RandR, so this should allow
sessions to dynamically resize.

I have verified that RandR support is working, because I can resize
ThinLinc sessions by using "xrandr --screen "default" --size 1024x768"
works, so I know that my Linux machine supports RandR.

Am I missing something simple?  How do I get the client to attempt to
resize the application when the client window is resized?

Thank you.

     --David