[Thinlinc-technical] thinlinc and scanners via usb

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Jun 17 23:17:00 CEST 2010

Hi! As far as I know, the RDP protocol does not allow scanner redirection.
You need add on software to enable this, and you need to run the Microsoft
RDP client on Windows hosts. So this solution does not work with ThinLinc.

Our goal is to have full TWAIN/SANE scanner support in future ThinLinc
versions, but unfortunately we are not there yet.

We have however developed an interim solution for the TLCOS client only,
where the scanning is done locally. The result is then available in the
thin session via a redirected disk folder. This feature will be included
in the upcoming 3.1.1 release. This solution does not allow you to set
scan options at runtime (ie full TWAIN support), but if you are always
scanning using the same settings, this should work fine.

Best regards,
Peter Åstrand