[Thinlinc-technical] thinlinc and scanners via usb

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Thu Jun 17 22:35:24 CEST 2010

Hi thinlinc experts,
I am asked to check if it is possible to replace ten old workstations
using thin clients. Main activities on these workstations are: reading
and writing emails, using some server software via IE6, printing PDF
documents, and using a DMS that require access via TWAIN to local
scanners. Each scanner is connected via USB to one workstation, and scan
at about 20 pages per minute, at 200dpi, black and white.

I am wondering if I might use RDP and its USB over RDP feature. And I
would like to know if this is feasible using thinlinc infrastructure.

Thanks to all,
Giuseppe