[Thinlinc-technical] Seamless RDP not functioning on Ubuntu 10.04

ian dumych idumych at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:22:10 CEST 2010

Greetings,

When I run rdesktop with just the IP of my windows VM, I am able to see
the desktop no problem. However, when I try to use seamless rdp, I get
errors.

I'm using the following command:

vadmin at ubu1004:~$ rdesktop -A -s "c:\seamlessrdp\
seamlessrdpshell.exe
notepad" 192.168.5.63 -u test -p test

Resulting output:

Autoselected keyboard map en-us
WARNING: Broken Window Manager: Timeout while waiting for ConfigureNotify
WARNING: Broken Window Manager: doesn't handle restack (window was moved to
bottom)
WARNING: Remote desktop does not support colour depth 24; falling back to 16
ERROR: send: Connection reset by peer
vadmin at ubu1004:~$

--
Check me out on Twitter: http://twitter.com/idumych
My homepage: http://www.spindash.org

Thomas 3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's)
kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the
(Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.