[Thinlinc-technical] Seamless RDP not functioning on Gentoo

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Aug 16 08:45:29 CEST 2010

>My problem is when I try to connect i have this error:
>
>rdesktop -A  -s  'c:\seamlessrdp\seamlessrdpshell.exe notepad.exe'  -u ********* -p ******* -d *******   IPaddress
>
>WARNING: Broken Window Manager: doesn't handle restack (window was moved to bottom)
>WARNING: Remote desktop does not support colour depth 24; falling back to 16

The first warning indicates that your Window Manager does not behave
correctly. This may cause problems when using SeamlessRDP.

The second warning indicates that your Windows server does not accept
24 bit colors. This is often a default setting. You can change this
using, for example, the Group Policy editor. But if 16 bit colors are
sufficient, you can just ignore the warning.

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.com